We are working in partnership with a Powerhouse AAA gaming studio, who are known for their world class photo realistic cinematic and VR titles. They have customised Unreal Engine 4 to build a suite of powerful, world-class systems and tools that underpin our games. Now they need your help to take this to the next level. They are now looking for a Technical Director, to based in Guildford
They are aiming to achieve Hollywood production values in real time, so we’re engaging with industry-leading, next generation features for rendering, content creation and human simulation that will intensify the player experience.
You will be a key part of the senior leadership team for one of our games. Your responsibilities will include:
• Elevating the realism of the characters and environment through cutting-edge technology. We want to push the boundaries of areas such as hair and cloth simulation, facial animation, cameras, lighting and environmental photogrammetry.
• Collaborating with the other discipline directors to provide a clear vision for the game, and help to communicate that vision to the team.
• Providing pragmatic technical solutions to support the features of the game.
• Giving technical advice to help with project planning.
• Working closely with the programming leads to ensure high quality code that meets the requirements of the game.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
• Breadth of Knowledge – you have broad knowledge of game development, spanning both the technical and creative areas of production.
• Great Communicator – you are able to communicate clearly with and get the best out of groups and individuals. You are able to rapidly understand requirements and issues, in order to accurately specify solutions.
• Skilled Engineer – you have excellent programming skills, but with a director-level perspective.
• Proven Background – you have been a major player in the production of AAA titles.
• Experience shipping games on console or PC. –
• you have detailed knowledge of SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One or high-end Windows PC.
This is a truly unique opportunity at a jaw dropping Studio who really are working at the highest level of game development. Dependant on experience this company comes with a salary to match.
Having cut our teeth at TechNET-IT Recruitment – legendary pioneers – we figured it was time to make our mark in the digital arena. TechNET Digital (see what we did there?) was set up by our two directors with over 40 years’ experience between them – ably assisted by a team of enthusiastic, talented and dedicated professionals eager to disrupt the market.
It’s what drives us. Our aim? To become the best boutique agency in the land. How do we hope to achieve it? Well, quite simply by providing both candidates and clients with the finest experience in the digital era. Our corporate roots mean we’re able to reach out to our vast network – both within the UK and in the EU – to make us the go-to digital agency to partner with.
Our portfolio of uber cool up-and-coming brands and agencies only serves to enhance our candidate outreach.