We are working in partnership with a Powerhouse AAA gaming studio, who are known for their world class photo realistic cinematic and VR titles. They have customised Unreal Engine 4 to build a suite of powerful, world-class systems and tools that underpin our games. Now they need your help to take this to the next level. They are now looking for a Lighting Artist, to based in Guildford
They are aiming to achieve Hollywood production values in real time, so we’re engaging with industry-leading, next generation features for rendering, content creation and human simulation that will intensify the player experience.
• At least 3 years of experience as a lighting artist or equivalent senior artist role, working on at least one AAA title (preferable)
• In-depth understanding and practical experience of lighting in either real-time gaming engines or in high-end CGI productions
• A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to work with both realistic and stylised lighting/visual styles
• An excellent understanding of composition and colour theory
• Experience using Unreal Engine would be an advantage, but not a necessity
KEY SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The main routine tasks of this position are:
• Taking game scenes and lighting them to both a creative and technical brief.
• Help to drive narrative story telling through effective use of colour, light and mood. Using lighting to help convey emotional experiences.
• Working closely with the art team to improve workflows and processes.
• Collaborating with other disciplines such as 3D modelers and VFX artists, graphics programmers
• and level designers to create great AAA game experiences.
• Unreal Engine, or similar (UNITY, CryEngine, Frostbite, etc.)
• Baked and real-time lighting techniques in modern game engines.
• Working knowledge of rendering engines such as Renderman, VRay, Mental Ray or Arnold would be useful.
• Compositing and colour grading experience is preferred.
This is a truly unique opportunity at a jaw dropping Studio who really are working at the highest level of game development. Dependent on experience this company comes with a salary to match.
Having cut our teeth at TechNET-IT Recruitment – legendary pioneers – we figured it was time to make our mark in the digital arena. TechNET Digital (see what we did there?) was set up by our two directors with over 40 years’ experience between them – ably assisted by a team of enthusiastic, talented and dedicated professionals eager to disrupt the market.
It’s what drives us. Our aim? To become the best boutique agency in the land. How do we hope to achieve it? Well, quite simply by providing both candidates and clients with the finest experience in the digital era. Our corporate roots mean we’re able to reach out to our vast network – both within the UK and in the EU – to make us the go-to digital agency to partner with.
Our portfolio of uber cool up-and-coming brands and agencies only serves to enhance our candidate outreach.