We are working in partnership with a Powerhouse AAA gaming studio, who are known for their world class photo realistic cinematic and VR titles. They have customised Unreal Engine 4 to build a suite of powerful, world-class systems and tools that underpin our games. Now they need your help to take this to the next level. They are now looking for a Senior Character Artist, to based in Guildford
They are aiming to achieve Hollywood production values in real time, so we’re engaging with industry-leading, next generation features for rendering, content creation and human simulation that will intensify the player experience.
• At least 5 years of experience as a character artist, working on at least one AAA title.
• In-depth understanding and practical experience of high-end character modelling, sculpting and PBR materials.
• A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create photo-realistic character models, both at high and low resolutions.
• Experience using the Unreal Engine would be an advantage, but not a necessity.
• Some experience in a Lead capacity would also be an advantage.
KEY SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main routine tasks of this position are:
• Using production design art packs and concept art to create highly detailed character models.
• Highly accurate modelling with superb attention to detail.
• Working closely with the art team to improve workflows and processes.
• Taking ownership of larger art tasks and seeing them through to completion.
• Collaborating with other disciplines such as lighting and VFX artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create a AAA game experience.
• Substance Painter / Designer is an advantage.
• Additional knowledge of other material/surface tools, such as Quixel, Mudbox or 3D Coat, would be an advantage.
• In-depth understanding of human and animal anatomy, including muscle positions (origin and insertion), bones and proportion.
• Good understanding of game topology, including edge flow and correct mesh creation for animation.
• Good understanding of the language of cloth.
• Excellent traditional art skills.
This is a truly unique opportunity at a jaw dropping Studio who really are working at the highest level of game development. Dependant on experience this company comes with a salary to match.
Having cut our teeth at TechNET-IT Recruitment – legendary pioneers – we figured it was time to make our mark in the digital arena. TechNET Digital (see what we did there?) was set up by our two directors with over 40 years’ experience between them – ably assisted by a team of enthusiastic, talented and dedicated professionals eager to disrupt the market.
It’s what drives us. Our aim? To become the best boutique agency in the land. How do we hope to achieve it? Well, quite simply by providing both candidates and clients with the finest experience in the digital era. Our corporate roots mean we’re able to reach out to our vast network – both within the UK and in the EU – to make us the go-to digital agency to partner with.
Our portfolio of uber cool up-and-coming brands and agencies only serves to enhance our candidate outreach.