Head of Information Security (Malta)
We are the Information Security team. We’re the first line of defence against hackers and security flaws that may impact our trading operations and global client base. We manage threats and potential security risks through smart strategies, airtight policies, meticulous communication, and technical execution.
Founded in 1999, Binary.com is a pioneer in online trading. We enable our customers to trade over 100 instruments across world markets. Focused on customer-centric solutions, we aspire to be the world’s leading online trading service provider.
A career at Binary .com offers you the opportunity to make an impact in a fast-growing organisation that’s at the cutting edge of online trading technology.
Head of Information Security
About the role
As the Head of Information Security, you will scale and deliver high-quality penetration tests, code audits, PCI scans, and other technical challenges related to information security.
Furthermore, you will shape the security policies, reporting templates, and security metrics that form our information security strategy.
● Perform high-quality security reviews, code audits, and penetration tests on web applications and production infrastructure
● Build and deliver security controls to protect systems, critical infrastructure, and information assets
● Create security policies and reporting templates that support business goals and fulfil regulatory requirements
● Establish and track security metrics that are integral to the uptime of our 24/7 online trading operation
● Manage our bug bounty programme and external security vendors
● Educate employees on security best practices and convey new vulnerabilities that may affect their work
● Consult with employees on security issues they encounter
● Design and implement disaster recovery and business continuity plans, including emergency processes and internal communication to manage security breaches
● Manage acquisition and installation of new security systems (such as antivirus software, firewalls, intrusion detection systems) based on our evolving needs
● University degree in computer science, information technology, or equivalent
● At least 10 years of experience in information security
● At least 5 years of proven leadership experience in information security
● Proven technical security experience that includes the design, configuration, and implementation of enterprise security systems
● Experience dealing with regulatory compliance and privacy/security laws
● Experience performing and overseeing security audits and penetration tests
● Recognised information security qualification or working towards a relevant certification (e.g. CompTIA Security+, SANS GIAC, CISSP, CISA, CISM)
● Knowledge of industry standards (e.g. ISO 27001, ISO 31000, PCI DSS, Cyber Essentials)
● Excellent communication and project management skills
Perks and benefits
● Market-based salary
● Annual performance bonus
● Health benefits
● Casual dress code
● Flexi hours
● Travel and internet allowances
Malta is a historical archipelago country in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea. Rich with beautiful beaches, cathedrals, museums, universities, cafes, and retail outlets, Malta is an ideal location to work from.
For further career opportunities visit: https://www.binary.com/en/careers.html
Founded in 1999, Binary.com is a pioneer in online trading. We enable our customers to trade in the world’s financial markets. Focused on customer-centric solutions, we aspire to be the world’s leading online trading service provider.
A career at Binary.com offers you the opportunity to make an impact in a fast-growing organisation that’s at the cutting edge of online trading technology.
More information about us at: https://www.binary.com/en/careers.html